Friday, August 7, 2009

What to Expect When You're Expecting 1

In an effort to keep up a positive attitude and convince myself this is going to be successful I began reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting." I bought this book as a wedding gift for myself. I've been married for over two years so there is some dust on it. It's actually served as something more in the realm of comedic relief than actual educational material. From some of the questions and concerns in the book of "real" pregnant women, I'm starting to get the feeling that I've done a little too much research in the last several years. I think I might qualify as an OB in some small countries in fact.

Lessons Learned from Month One: Fertiles are pussies. I've already been through all of that "discomfort" from hormone injections without a baby to show for it. I've done my fair share of midnight vomitting thanks to progesterone vaginal inserts. I will not be worrying about month one! My biggest worries will be test after test to continue to make me paranoid about whether or not my long awaited pregnancy is even viable.

But, the excitement is gathering for Sunday, the beginning of the serious injections. We're getting so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!