Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Joys of (temporary) Parenthood

I'm not being sarcastic, it really is a joy! Such an amazing joy, I just love it. My two kiddos are doing wonderful. They have already warmed up to me and we have a great time. Little Bub is so sweet and he is such a snuggler. Although I usually have quite the time getting up in the morning, I popped right up this morning to get them out of bed. We could not even eat until he was satisfied with enough snuggles. GQ was a bear and it took quite awhile to get him up. I have feeling they didn't have a stable bedtime at home so it is tough with the new 9:00 P.M. rule. I learned yesterday that I don't think I could ever be a stay at home mom! They wore me out and hubby found me asleep in the bedroom with Little Bub snoring in my arms.

I learned a few lessons from GQ yesterday. First, boxers are underwear for men, and now that he is 5, he can only wear boxers. Second, there is no way I could have ever gone to Bass Pro Shop before because "womens" don't go there. Third, we all have to love doctors because they help us so we need to help them. Fourth, school busses are awesome because you don't have to wear a seat belt and the police don't get you. Fifth, you can never wear pjs more than once. And most importantly, five year olds cannot leave the house without a spritz of cologne. You learn something new everyday!

There have been very few bumps in the road in the last 24 hours. The first bump entailed the carseat. You wouldn't think it would take a genius to put in a carseat, but it actually takes three geniuses! My sister in law and I both could not get the damn car seat in right. It was embarassing. I work with little ones and she's having a baby in a few months, so I think it's a bad sign for the both of us. We had to call her husband, because apparently he has a talent for installing carseats. Little Bub has peed once on my floor while the dog licked it up, so that wasn't good. The inevitable finally occured after three nights of them in the house; Little Bub ate dog food out of the dog bowl. Lesson learned!! No dog food on the floor unless Rocky is eating it.

After work we ate dinner, played with chalk, and went on a bike ride. It's exactly the life I've been longing for since February 2007. Well, actually my whole life, but that was when we decided to try and make it a reality. I can't think of any greater gift right now than having these sweet babies come into my life. Well, I was also kinda hoping they'd find a baby hiding in my uterus somewhere at my supression scan, but you can't have everything, right?

3 comments:

  1. Quite an educational day for you and DH! And don't think that I'm not taking notes for when my LO arrives...(scribbling furiously) dog food off the floor when dog walks away.
    Thanks for sharing! butrcup74

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, you are busy! I'm so glad you're having a great time! I can't think of a better way to stay occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! They do teach us a lot! Enjoy your little ones...Lori...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!