Monday, August 10, 2009

Operation Human Pin Cushion Has Commenced

I started stims last night! Yay, finally! I feel like I have been on birth control and Lupron forever. Now all the juicy stuff happens. Here is my current meds list for your enjoyment:

Metformin
Dexamethosone
Baby aspirin
Prenatal/ DHA supplement

And injections:

10 units HCG
10 units Lupron
175 units Follistim

Tomorrow morning they will test my estradiol levels to give me the go ahead to continue. It will need to be 50 minimum, but at least 100 would be good. But then, if it's too high, that would be bad. Cross your fingers that all will be well and we will get the go ahead to continue!

Yesterday when I was out buying a mattress for Little Bub, I couldn't help look at some things I would like for my little baby. I was really enjoying myself when all of a sudden the realization hit that this might not work. I try to keep those thoughts at bay, but they creep in every now and then. There have been so many successes (and first try successes at that) by people on my support board that I try to remember that. I was given the highest chances of success my RE could give anyone, 65%. I try to remember that too. As I was choosing which curtains I would hang in the nursery and what type of newborn socks I would buy, I lost my breath when I thought of not ever being able to have a baby of my own. 65% is good, but it's not the 100% I wish I had. I got very dizzy and it was hard to breathe. I pulled myself together and left, then tried with all my might to think happy, positive thoughts again.

So, one day at a time. I am trying to just think about my estradiol levels for tomorrow and hope that will be the first small success.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I have been reading your blog and just wanted to say hi! I found it through the inspire website... I am praying4ababy on the boards....I have the exact same feelings you do... I just had my second IUI and it was BFN. We are going to try it at least one more time since insurance covers some of it but not IVF! I wish you the best of luck in your IVF journey and am hoping you get a BFP just like all the rest on the boards! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean. I used to gt so excited abut looking for baby stuff, but now I realize it gets me too worked up. There'll be plenty of time to look for all that stuff when I'm finally knocked up! It's sad that our situation makes it hard to get too excited!

    Congrats on getting through the first round and gearing up for the big stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!