Sunday, April 11, 2010

Partners in Crime

Last night was a rough night. Ever desperately wants a prime piece of real estate in there, but Ocean has it. Nice and low and spread out ready to roll. Poor Ever is smooshed up top under my ribcage. For some reason in the night, she tries her best to change positions.

I love her to death, but I need her to stop. Last night at 3:41 a.m. I woke up in intense pain. I was partially happy because I thought maybe it meant birthday time, but then I realized the little monkey was just up to some trouble again. I got up, went to the restroom, and tried to go back to sleep, but it hurt too bad. So I went and rocked in the rocking chair. She continued on her quest for another 30-40 minutes but I think sitting up settled her down.

I let her know how this all works. I told her she just wasn't being efficient. Instead of trying to get next to him, she needs to push him down and if she does this hard enough, his water will break and we can all go to the hospital and then she will have all the space she needs! She tried for awhile longer, but he is one stubborn little guy.

So we're all still here! As much as I want to be done, 37 weeks would really be the best. That would be in one week and three days. I am also refusing to leave the OB office on Wednesday until we have a date and a time so the official countdown can begin!

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there hun! Sorry you're feeling so miserable... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to coach her Mama!! I hope things settle down a little and they are able to find more comfortable spots to inhabit until it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ug. How awful. I remember those real estate battles. In just a few months they will be fighting for space on your lap and pushing each other out of the way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. That does sound painful. Almost time though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! I still expect them to pick their own birthday... any time now! Someday soon, they'll be out and you will actually miss the interior movement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, in longer is better than shorter (for them, anyway... maybe not so much your ribcage, lol). Maybe tell her to push down on 3 and take a breath at the same time- bounce her down off your diaphragm? Girls team!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!