So . . . .
After mulling it over in my head all day long and having several freak outs, I called back and told them that the time they gave me won't work out. Can you do that? My OB was out of the office and my regular nurse was with her so they left a message for her. Some other random nurse called back for damage control I think but I just said no thank you, I will discuss this with my doctor or nurse.
I have anxiety big time. I can give myself hives, breathing problems, vomit, you name it. I CANNOT sit around all day long thinking about having surgery and the babies without having a major freak out. Plus, you know how it is at hospitals, they might say 5:30 p.m., but it could be midnight before they get us in. The other issue is that hubby only gets three days off, which means he would have to choose between getting up at 6 a.m. and working all day and then attending the birth of our babies or taking the day off just to sit around the house and then the hospital and lose a day he could spend with the babies. That sucks!
I know in the real world our babies are just babies and all babies are special and blah, blah, blah. But we put in the time, the money and the effort and we should get to plan a birthday that makes us happy, not stressed! Then other paranoia's set in, like if it took them three days just to book an OR is the hospital overcrowded? Are we going to get shitty care there? Am I going to be one of those people shuffled in and out that ends up with scalpels still stuck in their body cavities after surgery?
So we wait for the phone call on Monday. Cross your fingers we get something better worked out! I have even considered just waiting until I naturally go into labor, even if it takes longer, that might be a better option. Even though that means that I will be miserable longer, the babies would be ready like they want to be and I don't have to worry about this crap anymore.
Or, the babies could just come out today, and we can forget the whole thing! :)