Friday, November 13, 2009

6 Years

Today, November 13th, marks 6 years of hubby and I being together! This is not our marriage anniversary, but the anniversary of the time that we stood outside his duplex and he asked how I felt about us being together as a couple. We've rarely ever been apart since that day!

Photobucket

This is the first time I met his family. He didn't tell me he was going to invite me, we went to Wendy's to grab a snack and then all of a sudden he was like "do you want to come over to my family's for Christmas?" It was so awkward because I didn't plan what I was wearing or bring anything! Although this was my second midwestern Christmas (in from New Mexico), you can see I didn't bother wearing tights or discontinuing my tanning bed use although it was winter.

jamaica

This is our first vacation together in May of 2004. We took a cruise to the Grand Cayman Islands and Jamaica. The first few days of adjusting to each other were not cool, but then we ended up having a great time.

Photobucket

This is where we got engaged, on a beach in San Diego. He had the ring in one of his shoes the whole time. I wondered while we were at the airport why he was so attached to the shoe bag instead of giving me hell for a whole bag devoted entirely to shoes. I never actually said yes, I took the ring because I thought he was teasing me and when I figured out it was real I just gave him a hug and a kiss.

Photobucket

We got married June 2, 2007 and headed off to Hawaii for a week. We were supposed to go to St. Lucia but we didn't get our passports in time so two days before the wedding we had to completely change our plans. It was a good decision though because it was beautiful and we had the best time!

And now we're having babies!! I am going to get really corny on you and tell you that I knew he was the man I wanted to make babies with since not long after his little speech in the driveway 6 years ago.

I love you hubby!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!