Tuesday, September 1, 2009

30th Times a Charm!

After 29 failures over the last 2 and a half years, our first IVF was a success! I feel so confused right now, I am happy, overjoyed and beyond excited! I am also scared, nervous, and afraid this was just a mean tease. But I have to believe that this will be it!

My beta today, 8 days past our 5 day transfer (8dp5dt) is 168!! That is an amazing number, as we needed it to be 50 or higher today. I can't believe I'm pregnant! I'm in so much shock.

We had a wonderful time calling, texting and emailing everyone we know. Waiting until we successfully pass our first trimester would be silly since everyone knows what is going on with us (I have no shame).

I did cheat and pee on a stick Sunday night. I was absolutely positive that this was a failure. My plan was to see the one line and then move on after all the crying I did over the weekend. At first, there was only one like. I was like "goddamit, mother fucker, I just wasted $12,000.00 and have to do this shit again!" Then I washed my hands and was about to run down the stairs to read GQ his night night story. To my shock, there were two lines! You have to understand I have never seen this before, in all of the 29 previous tries, and I have peed on a lot of sticks in the last few years. I was screaming "there's two, there's two!" Little nosy knob GQ yelled up the stairs "two of what? what are you doing up there?" I ran into the office to show hubby. I asked hi 20 times if he saw it or if I was imagining it. It was amazing. I'm so glad I did that, because I usually don't. We got to have a normal moment, like a normal couple, who just pee on a stick and then are happy.

But it's not totally normal. I go back for two more betas. I am keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes up (for once) that the betas will be great and we'll get to see an ultrasound soon.

This is crazy . . . .

12 comments:

  1. Good things really do happen to nice people..every once in awhile. ;-)

    Congratulations! Wishing you growing beta numbers and good times. +++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just smiling here...happy news!...keep it coming...looking forward to higher and higher numbers and hearing the happiness and excitement in your words...Lori...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good news! I checked earlier and no post had me worried. Congratulations and best wishes for a great pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, I'll move you (yet another one!) to my Sister Knocked Up List.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I just got my BFP on Friday!!! So exciting, I cannot even see straight!!
    Good Luck!!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was DYING waiting for your beta #...SO happy for you guys! (And only a little jealous ;-)

    Congrats!!
    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you Ash!!! Keep up the positive thoughts and I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. Love you.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it!! No one cries and feels nauseous at the zoo for no reason!

    Congrats, I'm so happy for you both. Now we just wait to see if it's twins!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your DH!! Good luck and I can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am, again, so incredibly excited for you and DH, Ashley! You give me some hope! :) ~Beckie from tCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you! That is wonderful news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!