1. Twin comments. Even the "are they real?" comments have started to just make me laugh. I know twin moms sometimes get offended when someone says "oh, you have your hands full" or "better you than me" like having twins is some terrible thing. I don't care. I do have my hands full. It is overwhelming sometimes. I have mommy guilt. But I'm also thankful and happy so those comments make no difference to me. I just smile and say "yes, my hands are very full."
2. Germs. I only wash my hands after I potty. I don't sanitize the shopping cart. I don't care when Ocean eats dirt. Is that wrong?
3. Little kids whacking each other. When we were at the play area at the mall a little boy kept coming up to hug Ever. He couldn't have been much older than her, just bigger, like most kiddos her age are. His parents watched this adoringly. Then he came up and gave Ever a good whack on the head. She cried and the mom came running over. The mother was truly horrified. She came up and aplogized to me profusely. I told her it was really no big deal, it happens and to not worry about it. Honestly, I work with kids. They hit each other, bite each other, poke each other, the list could go on and on. If he had actually hurt Ever or was trying to hurt her with malice I would have been pissed but he just whacked her because he is little and he doesn't know what to do. Teach him about safe hands and nice touches and move on. Not a big deal in this house.
4. Clutter. I'm not a hoarder or anything, but piles of laundry or crafting supplies or mail laying around here or there just doesn't bother me. Hubby gets crazy, he wants everything neat and organized. I don't care. I'd rather do other stuff.
5. My diet and excercise schedule. I used to only eat Slim Fast products. I used to work out every day and never go more than 3 days without working out. During trying to make the babies I tried all kinds of special diets. Now? I do what I have time for. I know I should worry about this more, but I don't. I am permanently deformed because of twin skin so there is really only so much I can do anyway. I must accept this and go with the flow.
6. The fact that I cry in Hobby Lobby. The first time it happened it was alarming, like "wtf? Did I really just cry in Hobby Lobby because I just bought Christmas decorations for my first holiday with the babies?" Umm, yeah, I was scared. But then yesterday when I cried at Hobby Lobby when Ocean did a big sigh and then leaned in for a kiss because he just happened to need a kiss from his mommy in the scrapbooking aisle made a little happy tear pop out. This time, I was cool with it. Apparently this is going to happen every now and then. Whatevs.