Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mom Saturdays- Kidless Edition

1:00 a.m.: Ever screaming

1:30 a.m.: Ever screaming some more

2:00 a.m.: Ocean joining in on the fun

2:30 a.m: Screaming party, raise the roof!

4:00 a.m.: Quiet and sleep, finally!

7:15 a.m.: My alarm goes off and I ignore it.

7:55 a.m.: I still have not gotten up and my mom should be here by 8:30 for our road trip. I rush.

8:30 a.m.: By some miracle, I am fully ready, showered, blow dry, teeth brushed, packed up, make up, and dressed plus snuggle and dancing time with monkeys.

9:00 a.m.: My mom and I hit the road to St. Louis and on fun girls trip before she peaces out and heads back south.

11:15 a.m.: We stop for coffee and french fries and I peep this place.


Photobucket

If you were ever wondering if there was a place in the world that you could purchase fashion jewelry, mocassins and fireworks in the same place, you are in luck! You can in fact do that in Missouri.

11:30 a.m.: An old lady see's my chuckie because the bathroom door does not lock and apparently knocking first is too much to ask! I ALWAYS squat so the goods were available for viewing. No bueno.

1:15 p.m.: We get to St. Louis but cannot find the hotel so we head straight to the mall. We start at Macy's which was amazeballs! Three gigantic stories of Macy's. We shop for a long time. I saw this chair for the second time at Restoration Hardware.


Photobucket

I am in mad love with this chair. It is stunning. I can see myself sitting in the chair with my babies. We can all wear white and look like something out of a Ralph Lauren ad. While we are fantasizing we can go ahead and imagine me 30 pounds lighter, okay?

4:45 p.m.: We arrive at the hotel and freshen up for dinner. We go to Brio and eat a delicious Italian meal. I had a salad, steak bruschetta and a vodka lemonade with raspberries. Mmmm.

6:00 p.m.: We both have a major WTF moment when we see this sign.


Photobucket

This is not a joke, it's a real advertisement. Yucko's Terd Herding. What in the . . . . .

7:00 p.m.: We head to the hot tub with our margarita cups to relax. There are some very cute kiddos there that make me miss the twinkles but I am still having a lovely time with my mommy.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Who knew my favorite water bottle is also an excellent margarita holder?

8:45 p.m.: We are now tucked into our big fluffy hotel beds and watching a movie. It was "The Book of Eli" which was violent and gross and also totally obvious. Don't watch it.

11:15 p.m.: I turn off the tube. I wonder if my babies are tucked in well and if they miss me like I miss them. I hope Ever wants to do girls trips with me someday.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Well, except for the turd herding, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turd-herding.... that's a new one! Glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome day! :) I've also found that my favorite water bottles make good margarita holder! And my favorite travel mug. And my favorite styrofoam cup...

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAWWW - how special - sounds like a wonderful trip with your momma:)

    Turd-herding...sounds like something I'd hire a company to do if I ever had the need - what a crazy sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad, you had so much fun with your mom.
    Where I live we have "Popper Scooper" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!