Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Adventure

This Mother's Day was the BEST! Last Mother's Day I was too exhausted to enjoy it. I was so thankful then, but there was nothing in the universe I wanted more than sleeping babies and a lot of sleep myself. It was nothing like the Mother's Day before that one where I was wishing to be transported to another place or time where I wasn't an infertile person on Mother's Day, but it still wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Mother's Day 2011 was the dope show.

The babies, with their most excellent shopping skills and their love of being blinded by the constant flashing of my camera, got their mommy a professional flash! Those babies know just what a mama wants (thanks hubby).

My boy woke up and hubby took him downstairs and left me and my girl (who was in our bed at 6 a.m.) upstairs sleeping and we slept until 8:30! Wowza, I thought it would be years before that would happen so I received another super awesome gift: SLEEP.

We all got dressed and arrived fashionably late for a breakfast with my mother in law. Hubby poured me a mimosa. Not a classy mimosa in a champagne glass, of course, but a mimosa poured into a large plastic cup. I had two and was feeling good.

Mother nature then gave me another gift: a warm and sunny day. After breakfast we ditched hubby and went to a quaint little town for antiquing and drinking.





Photobucket







Photobucket



We walked through the adorable town and looked at all the old treasures.





Photobucket







Photobucket



We ate lunch at a little town cafe. I had a turkey sandwich with raspberry mayonaise and it was tasty.





Photobucket







Photobucket





This picture scares me, because my baby looks like a little boy.

Photobucket

There is a liquor distillery in the town and we visited their shop. You can try the liquor for .25. Yep, a quarter. If you have never had a taste of double chocolate vodka, you should do that today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ended our day at the winery with a wine tasting. Ocean and Ever were DONE so I sat with them in a chair while my mom came and fed me the wine they were tasting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



We headed back home to have a steak dinner and relax. Mimosas, wine and liquor lead to a very sleepy mommy. The babies went to bed after their bedtime and we all slept hard.




Photobucket





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!!! Congrats on the speedlight! Cool!

    It totally looks like O&E are hanging out alone outside in the bistro chairs while you guys sample double chocolate vodka. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast!! Happy belated Mother's day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable! Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!