I know, it's Thursday again . . . :)
- I was absolutely disgusted by Teen Mom this week. They showed Amber just wailing on her boyfriend while he stood there. She slapped him, punched him, called him all kinds of expletives, it was awful! I don't mean to be a precious snowflake or anything, but really I almost cried. Right after they showed it, they put up a little message about where to go if you have been a victim of domestic violence. They need to remove them from the show and remove that child from her mother's care. It's terrible!
- I watched "Sister Wives" on TLC. They all seem like nice people, I guess. I actually think they are pretty smart. They've got three breadwinners and a stay at home. I decided I'm going to get some brother husbands:
1. Rick Fox (the only reason I watch Dancing with the Stars)
2. Anderson Cooper
3. Zac Effron (yes, he's legal)
Hubby says anyone that wants more than one wife is crazy. Now law enforcement is investigating them for bigamy. I personally think it's a waste of taxpayer dollars. They are all consenting adults. While I don't want any sister wives in my hood, I really don't care if someone else does. Child brides and things like that are obviously wrong, but for consenting adults, who cares?
- I had a real life WTF at the doctor's office yesterday. The nurse asked about my twins (we all go to the same GP) and if they run in the family or if I "took medicine to get twins." I don't know why, but I was seriously pissed off. I told her no, I didn't take medicine to get twins, I went through IVF with shots in the stomach for a month to have a 60% chance at one baby and we were lucky that we have two. I thought that would shut her up, but it didn't! She then said "oh, so you could have had six or seven?" I told her no, I could not have had six or seven because we only put two in, followed by the death stare. She finally figured out that the subject needed to be changed. Idiot!! I'm very open about what we did to have our family, but the way she was wording it made me want to slap her (luckily I am not into violence). It's bad enough when you hear these things from random strangers on the street, but medical professionals?? Really? I have spoken about our situation at length with another nurse there and she asked some off color questions, but she really just wanted to know as she is heading in the direction of fertility treatments herself. I've been thinking about calling back to ask the doctor to give some education to their staff since they see so many babies and have an OB in the office, but I'm not sure if it would change anything. What would you do? It just made me mad, but comments like that can be really upsetting for some.
Best baby moments of the week: Giggles! They are so super cute. I will try to catch some on video soon, but they are pretty selective. Ever really only giggles for hubby, but I got her to giggle with dancing the other night. Love!!