I have mostly decided on going with a nanny. I just think it is what is best for our family at this time and we can re-evaluate the need for daycare/preschool at age 3. I did say mostly though, so I am giving myself until Friday to decide.
I have only interviewed two so far and I like them both and it's hard to choose. BUT-I received so many responses from our ad that it is unbelievable. I had an amazingly easy time narrowing it down though.
1. People who used text speak (what r ur babies namz?)-DELETE!!
2. People who can't spell - DELETE!!
3. People who automatically only ask about the money - DELETE!!
4. The person who responded like this - "I have experience with children because I have two. But are your babies well behaved? Kids are so crazy and bad these days and I just can't handle it because parents have no boundaries." - DELETE!! And pick my jaw up off the floor.
5. People who overshare and tell me that they like yoga and they aren't a drunk they just like to have a beer with their friends every now and then - DELETE!!
I narrowed it down to three to interview and a few on the backburner. It's kind of scary! Ever liked both of them, but Ocean just likes Mommy and Daddy. Can't blame him, we are the best. I feel like a tool big time in the interviews. I don't know what to ask, which is embarassing considering I interview people to work with children for a living. It's just different when it's your own kids (and most interview questions are so lame "what would your supervisor say about you?" "Name three strengths you have" "where do you see yourself in five years?"blah blah blah).
Who know what will happen? I'm kind of just trying to make it through to the next day these days, by Friday everything could be different. Hopefully because I won the lottery.