- Tiger and Elin Woods are now divorced. While I think there is something to be said for working through your marriage, there were far too many "other women" and I'm glad she bailed. But have you heard some of the things people say about Tiger, like they hope he is a failure now?? What is wrong with people? Infidelity sucks, but it's not the same as other terrible things you could do and I don't think he needs to live a life of misery just because he can't keep it in his pants. Let's just hope he doesn't get married again.
- I did not watch Teen Mom last night, but I did buy the US Magazine with the article about the Teen Mom's in it. Amber's article was particularly interesting. She has not yet made the time to obtain her GED. She was working at a tanning salon and her partner, Gary, is unemployed. In the article she stated that she quit because some women can work 9-5 and be a mom but it's not for her so she is thinking of becoming a mixed martial arts fighter. Oh boy . . . First of all, how do they pay their bills with neither one of them working? And if you're not working, how could you possibly not have the time to take the GED? This is my issue with the Teen Mom series, you can't show teens that those situations are going to work out. In real life, two people can't be unemployed and not work and there aren't many jobs available to people without a high school education that pay more than $7.25 per hour. Bad, bad example. Although I admit I am a touch jealous of anyone who can just say "well, I can't work a 9-5 so I'm out of here." Nice. Must be real nice.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey finale was on Monday. It was pretty good, I love Caroline Manzo. She's super awesome. It was typical drama not worth repeating. I have a message for Danielle: The plural form of the word "woman" is "women." When you say "these woman are crazy," you should actually say "these women are crazy." She does it all the time and it makes me nuts!!
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have a sex tape. Do I need to say anything else?
- Kelly Mom is a website that is dedicated to breastfeeding. I think breastfeeding is great if it works for you, but this site gets a tad fanatical at times. It is very helpful and I went there on several occasions in the pumping days to obtain information. There is a lot of information on there, though, because it is adamant about bfing that is reaching the limits of common sense a bit. Here is one I read this week about why you should delay solids:
Delaying solids makes starting solids easier.
Babies who start solids later can feed themselves and are not as likely to have allergic reactions to foods.
WTF?? How can feeding yourself make you not allergic to something? I have major outdoor allergies. Could it be because I wiped my own ass too soon? Am I allergic to grass because I started thinking advanced thoughts at a young age? Maybe I started walking too soon and that is why I have to go to the hospital if I get near a cat. Is this a joke???
- A personal WTF: As you know since it has been beaten into your head, I had mucho trouble getting pregnant. I now have two monkeys, and I can't fathom the thought of adding another because I am pretty exhausted these days. I have had two perfect periods. I ovulated at the exact time you should and I also got my period on the EXACT day it was due. Never, EVER did this happen when I was trying. And now, I am on birth control and am messing it up. WTF is wrong with me? This seems like a bad idea. And it pisses me off that this is happening NOW, after my bank account has been wiped out and I nearly ended up in the looney bin going through infertility. Major, big time, WTF. The universe can be one cruel beyotch sometimes.
Best baby moments of the week: Ever is the rolling over queen, she does it like a champion. She has also been sleeping through the night!!! 9:30 p.m. until 5:30 or 6:00 a.m. This is a big one from a mommy who hopes to be going to lots of sports activities in the future: OCEAN THREW A BALL!! He picked up his Taggie ball, put it to his tummy to check it out, and then threw it. Oh yeah baby!
WTF faces from the monkeys: