Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WTF Wednesday

- Thanks to my pal at Life by the Day my attention was drawn to the hugest WTF around, the Pregnant Man had a third child. If you are a long time follower, you know that equal rights are very important to me and I am very serious about our society making sure that gay marriage become legal everywhere. BUT - this is NOT a man!! Why are we still saying that it's the pregnant man? He has the parts of a woman. Yes, I consider him a man and I would call him a man and I think (almost) anyone who wants kids and would be a good parent should have them. But he has woman parts, he is not really a pregnant man, this isn't a miracle of modern science. He did infertility treatments just like me. Get over it. Does anyone remember when Oprah interviewed him? It was her most awkward interview ever, super funny. When he had his first, I was in the throes of being a total mental mess over infertility and I thought WTF, now men are getting pregnant and I can't? It was rough.

- Bristol Palin and Levi have already called off their engagement. Gee, what a big surprise! I am seriously thinking that this kid just enjoys f#$%ing over the Palin family for fun. I don't totally mind because I'm not a Palin family fan, but it's getting a little old.

- The Duggars wouldn't mind having a 20th kid. I just truly don't even know what to say (I know, weird right?). I'm speechless . . . . One part of me doesn't care because they are homeschooled so the tax payers don't have to pay for them and they take care of themselves. Michelle seems to be a pretty decent mom despite her using her older children as slaves and the fact that her voice is creepy. The kids seem to be happy. Part of me is jealous that someone can be so incredibly fertile when so many of us struggle just to get one kid. Part of me thinks it's crazy and weird and I should make fun of them. So much for speechless, lol! I just don't understand how there are 500,000 children in the foster system and one family is popping out kids left and right. And what on earth does Jim Bob do to support all these kids?? Whatever he does, I want to do it too!

I know this is a pretty weak WTF Wednesday but I am so tired my thinking skills suck . . .

Best baby moments this week: Last night Ocean was super fussy and I held him and walked him and rocked him to go to sleep. He finally fell asleep on my chest with his little hand clutching my shirt. It was so sweet. Those moments melt my heart.

Our family:

Photobucket

Mad babies, two screaming babies at once is always a good time:

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. OK, I was sitting on the side of the bathtub this morning shaving my legs (too afraid to get in the hot water, imagine) getting ready for the graduation appointment today. Instead of mulling over bittersweet thoughts about possibly seeing Dr. B for the last time, all I thought was..."YES, it's Wednesday, I hope Ashley does a post!" I swore off Perez Hilton among other media outlets this summer, so your updates are so much fun and a much needed break from real life. How is it possible that Ocean and Ever are even beautiful when crying? : ) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Your blog always makes me happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family photo!!! And capturing the double crying on film is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these WTF Weds. posts as you keep me up to date:)...otherwise I would never know what is happening out there...darling pics...I just want to hold a baby:)...they are so sweet. I love your description about Ocean sleeping on you. A week or two ago Rachel was awake when I went to check on her before going to bed and I asked if she wanted me to hold her in the rocker. She said "yes" and I did. It was sweet...she did the same thing...fell asleep clutching my shirt. Precious moments even at age 2. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new blog layout! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love WTF Wednesday. The Palins were amusing me this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the family pics!
    BTW, I'm with you - there can be no such thing as a PREGNANT MAN!! When I see unicorns, leprechauns and flying pigs - even then there are NO pregnant men!!! I have spoken. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Duggars. While I struggle with my sanity with only one child, I am encouraged how sane she is with 19! I believe in the same values as they do. Jim Bob does commercial real estate to support his family. ON a side note I think they do a better job raising their 19 kids than most of America does.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!