Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eternity

Last Tuesday was my first day of the third trimester. It is very exciting to be at this point, one I thought I might never see. We are in the home stretch and the babies will be here in a few months. I can't wait to hold them and see them. Even though I can feel them moving, I am growing larger (as are my stretch marks), and I see them at ultrasounds it still doesn't feel like I will actually have babies sometimes.

It has been going slow, but since Tuesday it feels like an eternity!! When I think back to the first trimester and just wanting to make it through and keep the dream alive, it seems like decades ago. The seconds are crawling. I just need to have them out safely and know that they are healthy but I have to wait.

I have NEVER been patient. Nine months is awhile for a nonpatient person, but nine months tacked onto 2 and a half years gets a touch ridiculous. I don't want the babies to come out now, that would be awful, but I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up in 7.5 weeks when I want them to be born. That would be awesome.

On Friday I worked in a preschool class for three hours. It was brutal. We then went to a furniture store to purchase a bed for the guest room, a tv, and a changing table. I was in so much pain I did not sleep much Friday night. Yesterday I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do and again I was in pain thanks to the pubic bone of death. Today I stayed in bed all day. I think I would take the physical pain above just sitting here thinking all day, but the babies have been active so I know it's good for them and they need me to rest.

Twenty-eight weeks and four days down, seven weeks and three days to go. That seems better when I write it out like that. I know it will all be worth it, but today has taught me that bedrest would be a VERY bad thing for my crazy mind.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching such an awesome milestone! 28 weeks + 4 days is definitely something to be excited about. I hope the next 7 weeks fly by for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on third tri!! What a wonderful milestone!! Hoping the next 7 weeks flies by for ya!! I'm 19w2d today and I can't believe I'm not even 1/2 way yet. So close, yet I feel like I've been pregnant forever. Time seems to crawl. I really hope your next 7 weeks are uneventful and your little ones make an on time entrance into the outside world!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!