Friday, February 24, 2012

Firm Friday



Starting weight: 158

Current weight: 156.2

Lbs. lost: 1.8

Lbs. to go: 16.2

My workouts this week were:

5 mile outdoor run plus 32 lunges

2 miles outdoor bike ride (hauling my littlest nugget) and push ups, abs

Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 (that was two days ago and I am still sore)

I did okay with working out, I hoped to do 30 minutes on the elliptical plus core too but didn't get around to it. Ocean had strep this week so we had interesting sleep arrangements all week and I am tired. Jillian kicked my ass, but I noticed that my five mile run seemed easier and faster again. Hubby also commented on how I am looking much more toned! I may not be losing a bunch of weight but I feel stronger for sure.

Food. Ugh. It's no bueno. So . . . . I went to my cleansing class last night. Basically the cleanse is using herbs and a shake that you get as part of the class as well as being . . .wait for it . . .raw vegan for two weeks!!!! I saw that coming. You also join a Facebook group and have a two week follow up meeting so it's like weight watchers for veganism. I know I will feel so good if I do that, so I will be off to Whole Foods and Trader Joes on Sunday to prepare for the first leg of it next week. That two week meeting is also a kicker. I don't want to show up and everyone is glowing and rejuvenated from kicking the toxins and I am still a shlumpa. Peer pressure doesn't typically do anything for me but I am going to do it. I eat crap most of the time and just two months ago I pumped my body full of artificial hormones so a serious cleanse will probably be huge.

Pray for me . . . .and Hubby. I will probably be truly evil by Tuesday, ha!


This is my life for two weeks starting Monday



Did I mention it is also gluten free? Umm, yeah, don't forget me in your prayers tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... that sounds awful. I mean I am sure that it is uber healthy, but blech. I think I could do the no meat thing, but I love me some cheese and milk, I could never be a vegan. Good luck! You are WAY braver than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I have done my fair share of cleanses. After the first day I want to quit and kill someone, but I am always amazed how good I feel after I do it! And it always helps me eat so much better after! So, hang in there! You can do it! It will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!