I would think of something more creative to title this but my creativity is on a break for right now . . . .
Here are some updates:
- We went to the doctor last week and were told that the babies should gain their birth weight back in two weeks. Ever actually passed her birth weight at one week and was at 5 lbs. 7 oz. She is still such a tiny little peanut! Ocean is almost there at one week and weighs 6 lbs even.
- They have completely different personalities. Our wild child will definitely be Ocean. He makes the weirdest noises and the funniest faces. If you are feeding him and don't look at him he grunts until you give him attention. Ever is a little sweetheart. She just snuggles up to you and has been keeping her pretty eyes open a lot more lately.
- We don't do breast feeding at all really. Ever tried it last week and did well but Ocean wasn't really into it. So I pump. Every 2 and a half to 3 hours around the clock. Ocean gets really fussy in the night like he is starving so he has a bottle of just formula because it fills him up better, but mostly both babies get exclusively breast milk in the bottle. It's a little harder on me because I have to be up more, but it makes going places either and hubby and grandma get to feed them as well, which is nice.
- "You look tired." I hear that a lot. That would be because I am exhausted. Last night I put toothpaste in my contact case, I had both babies sleeping on me and didn't even hear my midnight alarm for pumping, and at the 6 a.m. feeding I pulled out a bottle, didn't screw in the bottom and dumped my freshly pumped milk into it. It leaked out everywhere. That was the final straw and I cried so my mom told me to go back to bed.
- Ocean and I went for a walk outside yesterday. I put him in my metro mama sling (thank you Sally!) which is fabulous and we walked to the end of the street. He really enjoyed it. When hubby got home he took Ever out and she wasn't as into it, but she also wasn't snuggled up tight in the wrap. I'll have to post pictures of the wrap, it's really cool.
- I gained 32 pounds during pregnancy and have lost 34 pounds as of yesterday! Woo hoo! I am SO ready to get in a hardcore work out, but I have a month left before I can do that.
Now for photos!!
Our first family photos:
Their announcement pictures: