Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Little Update

I would think of something more creative to title this but my creativity is on a break for right now . . . .

Here are some updates:

- We went to the doctor last week and were told that the babies should gain their birth weight back in two weeks. Ever actually passed her birth weight at one week and was at 5 lbs. 7 oz. She is still such a tiny little peanut! Ocean is almost there at one week and weighs 6 lbs even.

- They have completely different personalities. Our wild child will definitely be Ocean. He makes the weirdest noises and the funniest faces. If you are feeding him and don't look at him he grunts until you give him attention. Ever is a little sweetheart. She just snuggles up to you and has been keeping her pretty eyes open a lot more lately.

- We don't do breast feeding at all really. Ever tried it last week and did well but Ocean wasn't really into it. So I pump. Every 2 and a half to 3 hours around the clock. Ocean gets really fussy in the night like he is starving so he has a bottle of just formula because it fills him up better, but mostly both babies get exclusively breast milk in the bottle. It's a little harder on me because I have to be up more, but it makes going places either and hubby and grandma get to feed them as well, which is nice.

- "You look tired." I hear that a lot. That would be because I am exhausted. Last night I put toothpaste in my contact case, I had both babies sleeping on me and didn't even hear my midnight alarm for pumping, and at the 6 a.m. feeding I pulled out a bottle, didn't screw in the bottom and dumped my freshly pumped milk into it. It leaked out everywhere. That was the final straw and I cried so my mom told me to go back to bed.

- Ocean and I went for a walk outside yesterday. I put him in my metro mama sling (thank you Sally!) which is fabulous and we walked to the end of the street. He really enjoyed it. When hubby got home he took Ever out and she wasn't as into it, but she also wasn't snuggled up tight in the wrap. I'll have to post pictures of the wrap, it's really cool.

- I gained 32 pounds during pregnancy and have lost 34 pounds as of yesterday! Woo hoo! I am SO ready to get in a hardcore work out, but I have a month left before I can do that.

Now for photos!!

Hospital pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our first family photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their announcement pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for more pictures!! Those babies are gorgeous!!! Smack those people telling you that you look tired - you look beautiful! Yay on the weight loss, too.

    Thanks for the update!! They sound like they are gaining very very nicely on the breast milk... nice work, Mom!

    Oh I miss the newborn days sooo much!! But, don't worry - you have so much fun ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. They are so adoable. And yay for you! That is so awesome that you have lost all of the baby weight already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're just beautiful! Love the pics and you all look GREAT! Nice work on the weight loss - I can only hope...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the wrap works so great!!
    You babies are adorable, I actually look at them a few times a day and have to repeat to myself "You are in College and there is no room for a baby in a one bedroom apartment".
    I hope you'll get some more sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you so much for the pictures. They are absolute perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Mama! I cried many, many, MANY times just due to exhaustion. Totally normal in the MoM world! The kiddos are gorgeous and what a great looking family! Hope you are catching some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures make me wanna melt!! I can just imagine how much love you feel when you look at them!! So happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures and happy to hear that things are going well! (besides the exhaustion, of course) your posts make me even more excited for October to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're gorgeous, Ashley! Enjoy the bonding with them! :) ~Beckie from tCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, LOVE the photos!! They are gorgeous...and you sound like you are surviving with flying colors, everything considered. ;-)

    And I SO appreciate any baby dust, voodoo, (whatever!) you can send my way. I want me some of them!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! And those little ones are so adorable. Congrats!! And thanks for sharing the pics! We have been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous pics! Those babies are adorable and it's great to know that all of you are doing so well (even if you do have the occasional crying jag...you're entitled!). Way to go on the weight loss bit...fingers crossed that I can say the same so soon after delivery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your babies are beautiful! I am so happy for your family and can't wait to see more updates.

    Way to go on the pumping! I know many women would have given up by now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in tears; they are so beautiful and you guys are such a cute family. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Ashley...just too, too precious:). They are the sweetest. Makes me miss the newborn days too. Enjoy EVERY minute...,it IS exhausting but it goes really fast too. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!