1. The whole pink toenail polish on boys debacle. If you hadn't heard, J Crew featured an ad with a mom painting her son's nails pink.
There was all this outrage from people about how we don't care about gender roles anymore. Yes, I agree, I don't care about gender roles. I think it is 100% harmless for a little kid who is also male to paint their toe nails. Or wear pink. Hubby wears pink and he looks hot. He is even a dirty manly man, but if he wasn't a dirty manly man, who cares? It's also not fair to put all this pressure on little boys which we don't always do the same to girls. If there was a girl in this picture digging in the dirt or playing with a ball I doubt the author of the scatahing article would have said "hurry, get her an apron and put her behind a stove before she becomes confused!" Or maybe he would have I don't know, but honestly there are bigger things going on out there. Besides, look at how happy the mom and son are! That is the most important thing.
2. I'm not understanding the interest in the Royal Wedding. I think it's lovely these two young people are in love, but why is it on TV all the time? I'm not interested at all. I don't care about who is coming, what diet the bride is on or what she is wearing. Is that weird?
3. I get the biggest kick out of watching the babies run around naked after their bath. I know I shouldn't let them and I need to be stricter, but once I put them on the couch and they escape from their bath towel they have the best time squealing and jumping around in their birthday suits! I think it's adorable. Not safe or normal, but certainly entertaining!
4. Apparently my not-even-one year olds are not impressed with my discipline skills. Last night when I was telling Ever "no no," Ocean looked at her and pointed his little bitty finger and said "do do." I was also telling Ocean no no for standing up in the tub and Ever thought I needed help because she gave him a good whack on the booty to supplement the no no.
5. I really REALLY want to give up dairy products, but I don't have the willpower. Dairy is in everything! I know my body and system would feel so much better if I ditched the dairy but dairy is in a lot of my food staples like yogurt and cheese and most importantly chocolate. My favorite protein shakes and bars all have dairy in them so I would be doing a major diet overhaul. There are things that I like and always get but if I did give up dairy I would have to get much more creative with my habits. The babies have cheese and occasionally yogurt, but they will most likely not be drinking milk at all. We started with some Very Vanilla Soy Milk yesterday. Ocean loves it and Ever isn't into it so we will see where this goes.
Those are my thoughts of the day. You're welcome.