- I really, really, REALLY need a cleaning fairy or a slave. I can't afford a maid so it has to be something else. I want to clean. I truly do. My house is a disaster. BUT . . . after questionable sleep (one of the kids has been in our bed all week, mostly Osh man), appointments coming out the ass, 8 hours of work and around 45 minutes of commuting places I just don't have it in me.
- So, I know you are totally supposed to ditch the bottle at a year. Last night my dearest hubby did not turn on the dishwasher so we had no clean bottles this morning. I figured at 19 months old the twins could survive one morning of soy milk in a sippy cup vs. soy milk in a bottle. No. They could not. It was true hell, constant tantrums and screaming. I never gave them the bottle, but dropping off two very angry babies at daycare is so not a great way to start the day.
- I had a mandatory training in harassment this week and I realized I spend 90% of my time involved in some sort of harassment. I should probably stop that, but really, people are whiners.
- This week the twins and I watched Happy Feet at bedtime together. We have never really watched a movie together before. They really liked it, but when the seal came out to eat the penguin Ever started panicking and crying and Ocean kept saying "oh no, oh no." I didn't realize they had fear of things yet. I know they cry when they are ticked or startled, but the whole realization that things are scary to them is new. Kind of cool how much they are growing and changing and how intellectually advanced they are, but I guess that means no more Walking Dead, True Blood or Breaking Bad while the kids are still awake.
- Santa is coming to our house in only a week. We are just special that way. I'll do that in a post all on it's own next.
- This whole Occupy Wallstreet thing is getting silly. Not because I disagree with it, but because they showed on the news that they arrested a ton of them in California. Really? Do you know how expensive it is to book and process and jail people? It's a lot. What a waste of taxpayer money to arrest peaceful protesters. Speaking of that, I saw a guy this morning on the way to work driving a BMW with a license plate that said "the 1 percent" in the front. What a douche bag. People like that are insufferable.
- Hold onto your hats . . . . . I COOKED! Yeah, I have made two crockpot meals, twice baked potato casserole, twinkie cake, mini pumpkin pies, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and rolls. It's crazy. That happened last weekend. It has not happened again.
- Constant updates during birth onto Facebook are becoming all the rage, but I don't like it. For 1. Birth is something that families don't experience that often unless you are the Duggar's so you should take the time to enjoy it and 2. It stresses me out. That may sound selfish and all, but please don't stress me out during your birth (ha).
The Peanut and her war paint
"Puh-lease, mother, why are you photographing me again?"