Thursday, October 20, 2011
1. This morning Ever and I were playing round and round on the hardwoods in the kitchen. My glasses fell off so I tried to catch them quick before they hit her in the face. While trying to catch them, I let go of my child who then hit the back of her head on the hardwood floor. Seriously, wtf? She would have been hit in the head with a pair of glasses that weigh all of an ounce and instead her whole body hit the hardwoods. DUMB!
2. I am seriously in love with Friday Night Lights. I think I like that show so much because it is so real. Not everyone in America lives in a shiny white suburb with granite counter tops and a brand new gigantic SUV. In fact most people don't, it's really nice to see that in action on TV.
3. Seriously . . . my house is disgusting. I just can't clean it! It will be clean by Saturday, it will be clean by Saturday, it will be clean by Saturday . . . that's what I keep telling myself! Except it would be more effective to actually start cleaning instead of just talking about it though.
4. This seriously made me cry . . . .
My stomach looks exactly like this (except for the belly ring, I am so not into body piercings, not even ears)! I think this person has a great attitude and I'm going to try and adopt it. The quote says "A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn.One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes, and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it's ugly. That's OK. It was your home.It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it." Gorgeous, right?
5. I seriously used hubby's face shaver to shave my pubes. This has been the #1 rule from hubby, NEVER use his face shaver on my pubes. But I have this disease where when someone tells me not to do something I get the overwhelming urge to do it. In my defense, it has been nearly eight years since this rule was instated and I just now did it! I wasn't going to tell him until I heard him turn it on the other morning for his once a week beard trim and I was like "umm, honey, I need to tell you something . . . ."
6. Seriously . . . if one more person tries to aggravate me about the whole dairy thing I am going to freak out. My children drink soy milk because 1. They like it and 2. Milk is made for baby cows. That is the point of it. My children are people, not cows, so I don't really want them to have it. I let them try it, they do NOT like it. There is just as much nutrition in the soy milk. Then when a doctor tells me to make sure they are going to get 3 servings of other dairy, I'm like WHAT? That still comes from milk ding dong. I do let them have one cheese and one yogurt at home because they like it and it doesn't bother me as much as them guzzling 30 ounces of straight milk a day. Sheesh. It's not a big deal people.
7. I am so seriously exhausted. I don't know what the problem is but I am drained. My children have gone on sleep strike this week. It is wearing me out . . . . .
8. My babies, my little bitty boo bears are EIGHTEEN MONTHS old on Saturday. Seriously!?!? How did that happen? Tear. We went to the doc yesterday and here are there stats:
Osh: 24 lbs 13 oz (35th percentile) and 33.25 inches (80th percentile). He also has a big ass head which I already knew because he screams every morning when I put his shirts on.
Ever: 22 lbs 2 oz (19th percentile) and 31.5 inches (47th percentile). She has a peanut head.
The twins are obsessed with slides right now . . .