Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On The Mend

I think the munchkins are on their way back to health. Phew. My poor sick Peanut slept a lot over the weekend. They are both very clingly. Some good news is that the weather is expected to be taking a turn for the warmer so I am hoping some more frequent fresh air will help out quite a bit.

Okay friends, I must share my excitement. The babies' first birthday invitations arrived yesterday!!!! Woo hoo! I can't believe they are going to be one in LESS than two months. Once we return from vaca, party planning will be in full swing.

I want to prepare you for tomorrow. I know it's "So What Wednesday" but I will give you fair warning that I will be an emotional basketcase. I am going to go to the airport tomorrow and put my two most precious monkeys in the whole world on an airplane. WITHOUT ME. For TEN days. 10 days. 240 hours. This is the way we roll in my family. We can just change scenery. We can go with the flow. BUT . . . . I think I may have to call the doctor to get some drugs because I tear up everytime I think about it. I know they are going to have a fabulous vacation and get spoiled rotten, which is the joy of every child, but holy smokes I'm not sure I can handle it. I haven't been to therapy in quite some time but maybe I should give the shrink a buzz.

My plan for survival: chocolate, yoga, running, alcohol, shameless reality tv watching and retail therapy.

I have not downloaded new monkey pictures so I have attached a throwback photo. It's a throwback throwback because it is me when I am 5. Now, when I say I've wanted always wanted to be a mom, it's true. At 5 I could get a baby out of a crib and give the baby a bottle. Mmm hmm.


Photobucket

Yes, I am a five year old carrying a newborn. Yes, I am rolling in a Catholic school uniform. Yes, my mom used to perm my hair. And yes, I used to be skinny. When I was 5.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my - that picture is adorable!!!! Great throwback!

    Whew - I have yet to leave the twins overnight even...and they are 5. I don't think I could have done it at 10 months. But, think of how refreshed you will be with this much deserved break??

    Glad they are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we used to play together as kids, you would always steal my baby doll in the blue nightgown and play mom. I really should just mail it to you- you always loved it more than I did :)

    So happy for you and the monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no way to sugar coat it...you will miss your monkeys terribly. Just do whatever you can to have fun!!! You know they love you and you obviously love them just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!