Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mom Saturdays

Mom Saturdays are different than my old school Saturdays. In the old days, you know, 11 months and 5 days ago, I would sleep in. Then I would get up, maybe, or just lay around in bed. I might watch TV or read a book or stare into space. I might work out. I might go shopping. I would definitely take a nap. Hubby and I used to see tons of movies so we would do that. But it's whatever. Mom Saturdays are crazy. Fun, but crazy.

6:55 a.m. Peanut cried and I get her and she drinks a bottle in my bed. We play around until 7:30 and then go downstairs.

7:55 a.m. I take her upstairs after being unable to locate my checkbook to pay for my upcoming hair appointment. I wake up hubby and tell him that I need to get ready to go because I'm going to have to go to the bank and get some cash.

8:15 a.m. Osh wakes up as the super smiley sweetheart that he is and I get him out of his bed. I throw on jeans and a sweatshirt and kiss the babies bye bye.

8:25 a.m. I arrive at the bank and get cash.

8:45 a.m. I roll through McDonald's for a coffee

8:55 a.m. I pull up to the hair salon and get my hair did. Blond highlights for summer and a haircut. I like it.


Photobucket

The picture is blurry because my camera battery is about to die and I can't find the charger. I am about to karate chop hubby in the neck because I KNOW he knows where it is but he won't tell me to teach me a lesson about putting things away.


11:00 a.m. Arrive home to babies still in the jammies and hubby playing with them on the floor. I let them crawl up the stair because they love to do it but I watch them closely because our stair are steep. <

em>11:30 a.m. We decide that hubby and babies should get dressed and we should do something.

12:15 p.m. Everyone is dressed but we almost forget to feed the babies their lunch. They have turkey, cheese and strawberries. We load up the bag and head out.

12:40 p.m. We arrive at our destination, a massive homestore. We eat lunch there while the babies eat our food too. We can't eat anything without them getting into it these days. I drool all over Canon lenses. We lay on mattresses while the babies watch us. We fall in love with a mattress and then look at the price tag which was $8,000. Yeah, right. Ever does her usual business of staring at people until they look at her and say "aww, how cute" and then she smiles which then makes them laugh. She is trouble.

2:00 p.m. We are back in the car and deciding what to do. Jo Ann's? Hobby Lobby? Carter's? Carter's wins! We buy their birthday party onesies at a boutique store and then a few things at Carter's. We take the monks to the play area but the kids there are wild as hell. We try another play area and it is the same. We finally find a jump jump place with a little area where little ones can play for free so they do that for awhile. We run into my boss, who Ever decided to try to kiss on the mouth. We roll through a dollar store to see if there is anything to pick up for the birthday party.

3:45 p.m. We are back at home and the babies are MAD! They play for a little while and then start fussing. We give them a snack but they mostly throw it on the floor while we yell "NO NO NO" but this doesn't stop them, it just makes them laugh.

4:15 p.m. Hubby lays down on the couch while watching his dorky science channel shows. I plunk Ever on his lap with a bottle and blankie and they pass out. I find "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" on TV and Oshy and I play for awhile and then I put him to sleep. Everyone is asleep but me. I clean the highchairs which are completely disgusting and then make a hair bow for Ever.

Photobucket



Photobucket


6:45 p.m. My family decides to wake up. We drive to Jason's Deli to eat dinner. The babies try their first hot dog and they LOVE it. Ocean delights in throwing some food on the floor while Ever tries to touch the baby behind us. Ever then gets her favorite thing, a pickle. What baby likes pickles? My weird baby does. The babies both seem to have a staring problem, they just stare at people all the time, but they come by it honestly because I have that same problem and I am an adult. Hubby even comments how they are nosey like their Mama.

7:45 p.m. We stop by Blockbuster. Osh is starting to fuss so I run inside. People are staring at me running and powerwalking and I tell myself it is because I look so hot with my new highlights even though I know it's because I look like I am running with a corn cob up my butt. I choose "Due Date."

8:15 p.m. We get home and put the babies in the bath. I get jammies and fire up the humidifier and load up the bottles to be washed and put clothes in the laundry while hubby washes monkeys. After a quick look in the mirror I decide my highlights are too gold and shiny. Crap.

8:35 p.m. The babies play around for awhile. Ocean pushes a truck all over the house which I find adorable to watch my little boy doing little boy things so I kiss him. Ever crawls into her carseat and screams at Ocean anytime he tries to get in too.

Photobucket



Photobucket



9:00 p.m. Babies have 7 ounces of bottle and fall asleep.

10:45 p.m. Hubby and I finish watching our movie and then wash bottles, make night bottles and let the dog out.

11:08 p.m. We hit the sack. I am exhausted.

So that is a Mom Saturday. I used to cumulatively do 5 things in an entire Saturday and maybe 2 things on Sunday (sleep and eat basically) but not anymore! My babies are so fun now that they love getting out and exploring things.

3 comments:

  1. My kids love pickles. And kalamata olives. And yes, they are weird. Our weekends look like that too! It's wild! No wonder we're always tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about your husband not telling you where your charger is, that is totally what my husband does!

    Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I often wonder why I look forward to weekends - they are always crazy trying to cram lots of fun family memories into them. I like weekends in general, but I also like Mondays and getting back to my routine of the kids & me during the day.

    Hope you find the charger soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Sorry, no anonymous comments, if you can't put your name on it it's just no fun!